Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-Thon Update: Hours 1 and 2

A great morning so far! The Dean took Boo to acting class (Boo is Gaston in a children's theater production of Beauty & the Beast). Betty and I are Read-a-Thoning. She's read about 20 minutes total thus far, and keeps skipping around from book to book. So far, she's read some of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Everything Cat (a how-to on caring for your feline).

Title of book(s) read since last update: I'm still working on finishing An Egg on Three Sticks (I started it this week, thinking I'd be finished pre-Read-a-Thon, but that didn't work out.) Almost done with this ... check back in a bit.

Number of books read since you started: 0

Pages read since last update: 147*

Running total of pages read since you started: 147 *
* don't be fooled into thinking that I am some sort of Read-a-Thon rockstar. I'm so not. Jackie Moyer Fischer's style in this book is one that has only 1-3 sentences per paragraph, almost like poetry. The perfect Read-a-Thon book. Heh, heh, heh. :)

Amount of time spent reading since last update: 2.0 hours

Running total of time spent reading since you started: 2.0 hours

Mini-challenges completed: 0

Other participants you’ve visited:
Naked Without Books (who has the best beginning Read-a-Thon post title - go check it out!)
A High and Hidden Place

Prize you’ve won: none that I know of

Snacks and Beverages Consumed:
Me: bowl of cereal, coffee, and ibuprofin (woke up with a headache that is threatening to become a migraine and I don't have time for that today).

Currently drinking Tension Tamer herbal tea.

Betty: slice of pizza, Honey Vanilla Chamomile herbal tea

Thanks to my wonderful commenters! You're the best!

Catch you later, everyone ......

4 comments:

softdrink said...

ay! Keep up the good work, er, reading!

Somer said...

Woo hoo! You're doing great! Hope you're having fun so far! READ! READ! READ!

graywolfie said...

Great to know that u are involving ur kid in this too...it's good to let them 'fall in love with reading' at a young age...

Liyana said...

Hello book!
What are you up to?
Keeping yourself to yourself,
shut in between your covers,
a prisoner high on a shelf.
come in book!
What is your story?
Haven't you ever been read?
Did you think
I would just pass by you
And pick me a comic instead?
No way book!
I'm your reader
I open you up.
Set you free.
Listen, I know a secret!
Will you share your secrets with me?
by N.M. Bodecker

LiyanaLand!
http://liveandbreathesmexily.blogspot.com