Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Start Me Up

Have I mentioned how much I love my Dunkin' Donuts Lady?

Yes, I believe I may have. Guess what she did this morning?

(She's still there, bright and early each dawn; I'm guessing she didn't get the job and I haven't asked.)

What I did ask for this morning was a large coffee instead of my usual medium.

"Tired today?" she inquired, sympathetically.

Hell, yeah. Staying up until 12:30 a.m. giving unsolicited employment advice to floundering new grads will wear anyone out.

Dunkin' Donuts Lady stole a surreptious look behind her, at the unsmiling male mechanically pouring coffee, and secretly handed me a small cup.

"A shot of espresso for your coffee," she explained.

I grinned. Start me up, indeed.

Dunkin' Donuts Lady? You rock.

2 comments:

Niksmom said...

I love that lady! If you ever start your own business I hope you hire her!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Would love to ...