Thursday, October 1, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash - 10/1/09

It's been a few weeks since I posted a Word Verification Balderdash (or a Best of the Week link roundup). Book Blogger Appreciation Week threw me off schedule a bit, and it seems like I am just getting back on track ... for now.

Anyway, if you're new to Word Verification Balderdash, allow me to explain. This fun meme is hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. (Stop over there if you'd like to play along.) Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

I'm woefully behind in my blog-hopping, so only three words this week ...

persiz - the feeling for when you feel like crap but are just going through the motions of your workday and fading by the minute

mizeedu (pronounced "mizz-seed-doo")
when someone drunk dials an ex for the sole purpose of saying "I really mizeedu tonight ..."

ingly - someone who is obsessed with Little House on the Prairie (i.e., the Ingalls family) or the characters on Little House on the Prairie.

Till next time ...

6 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I think this game is so much fun! I haven't come up with any words for awhile...I keep forgetting to write them down when I see interesting ones!

Yours are great!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

FANTASTIC! I have felt persiz many times...

mizeedu cracks me up and I have to wonder - why do people who have had too much to drink become nostalgic and do things like this? LOL

Every once in a while I can admit to a bit of ingly too. Laura was quite the character!

Great job! Glad to have you back :)

Jessica said...

Ingly! Priceless! I was very Ingly as a child, but my daughter isn't :-(.

Next time you run across one of your blog posts run through one of those - mutant translator things - please post it. I laughed so hard. I'm kicking myself for not having saved the whole thing, but the service provider pulled it so fast I didn't have a chance!

My word verification for this comment is hesse - not so fun. Humbug.

K a b l o o e y said...

File this in the "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you" folder: I've mentioned my own Word Verification paranoia regarding how frequently the Verification Gremlins seem to be tapping into my brainwaves or something.
(Note to self: buy industrial strength tinfoil for fashioning the protective helmet next time) Yesterday, after commenting on a friend's weight loss blog that I had no advice for her because I had just eaten a bowl of ice cream with pretzels (chocolate and salt, quite good), my word verification came up: bilympu, as in "Blimp -- you!"
And five minutes ago, after commenting that I couldn't sew at all, not even a button, it read: spaspo, which is quite rude, if accurate.

They are after me, I tell ya.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Laurel - thanks ... glad you enjoyed!

Sheila - I will be persiz tomorrow at work if a) my migraine doesn't go away

Jessica - From one ingly to another ... you and me both. That's a great idea to post the mangled posts - maybe the spambots will snag it a second time and publish it the right way. :)

Kablooey - glad to know that happens to someone else, too! (And if we ever do have a chance to meet in person - are you going to BlogHer '10, BTW? - then we must have ice cream and pretzels. My. Fave.)

Alexia561 said...

Great words this week! I haven't bloghopped much lately, so didn't even get three decent words and am sitting out the game this week.

My favorite is definitely persiz! In fact, it totally describes this past week! Good job! :)