Thursday, October 15, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash - October 15

This fun meme is hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. (Stop over there if you'd like to play along.) Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

Here are a few words that I had to verify this week ...

exomi - the name for that ex that you always wonder about, Google on occasion, and secretly wish would Friend you (so you don't have to make the first move to break the ice) on Facebook.

shemphs - that snort-like sound that someone makes when it's not quite a full laugh; someplace between a smirk, snort, and chuckle.

ingne - that groaning sound your car makes when it's trying to start but keeps sputtering, unable to turn over.

butalit - (pronounced "BUTTAH-lit", akin to Mike Myers' Saturday Night Live "Coffee Talk with Linda Richman" sketch that is always dedicated to Barbra Streisand, who has a voice "like buttah").

Butalit is a genre of literature that defies classification; it is any book that moves the reader along so smoothly ... "like buttah."

(I can thank Ali from That's a Novel Idea for giving me butalit along with the Over the Top award. A cool Balderdash word and an award! Friends don't come any better than you, Ali! :)

And for the best Word Verification of all time ... (seriously, I really did get this as a word verification on someone's blog ... which I could remember who, but maybe it's better that I can't recall. I would be mortified to no end if someone got this on mine.)

poopr

I just can't make this shi ... stuff ... up.



4 comments:

Chris said...

I like Butalit. I might have to use that one.

Alexia561 said...

Think I shemphed when I read poopr! Great words! :)

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I can't believe you got poopr!

gretchen said...

Oh my...I'm afraid I have a few of those exomis!

Oh look - my word verification for today is Stiacta. Which is certainly some kind of cholesterol medication.