Monday, November 30, 2009

Leftover Links

I started a link roundup post right before the holiday weekend and just like the Thanksgiving leftovers, they've been sitting in the cyber-fridge for a couple of days. I was busy with the Thankfully Reading Weekend, cooking a feast (just for the four of us, but a feast nonetheless), work, catching up on some blog posts and bloghopping, and shopping on Saturday with Betty,

These leftover links are nothing but stale. Still as tasty as ever.

Nosh away.

Because it is a national holiday weekend and all, let's start this week's round up with a good Thanksgiving post from Another Delco Guy in South Jersey (who happens to be a friend of mine in real-life).

Another post ("Are We Ruining Our Kids?") from Are We There Yet? looks at some of the same points I tried to make this week in my Material Girls ... and Boys, and Moms, and Dads post.

If you're inclined to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Elian Gonzalez saga (you're a few days late if you are), you might be interested in stopping by Casa Elian, the museum dedicated to the boy that his uncle runs. (A shout-out to my new favorite blogger, Chez from Deus Ex Malcontent, for making sure that this anniversary did not fall off our radar, what with it being on the same day as Thanksgiving and all.)

And Chez's post Must The Show Go On? about those idiots who crashed the White House dinner is definitely along the same lines as the one that The Dean and I wrote ("Reality Check").

I had a Reality Check of my own this week, when I admitted that I wouldn't be finishing NaNoWriMo. While I felt bad about not finishing, there was something about NaNoWriMo that wasn't quite working for me. This brilliant Dear John letter to NaNoWriMo by author Maggie Stiefvater (Shiver) is exactly what I was thinking.

Spare Candy (another of my favorite, must-read-everyday blogs) has a thought-provoking (and sobering) post about the newest form of sexual assault.

No comments: