Friday, November 20, 2009

NaNoWriMo Excerpt #3, Day 19

Here's another excerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel in progress. (In case you were wondering, I'm closing in on 18,000 words. I know ... this does not exactly bode well for reaching 50,000 by month's end, does it? However, I'm trying to look at this in a "glass half full" kind of way. This is 18,000 more words - or 53 pages - than I had before.)

Because even for all of her pseudo praying, Maggie had a sense that this was truly it. This was how it would end, and a part of her was angry that it was different than the ending she’d imagined. For she’d imagined something a little more dramatic – as if nearly crashing through a guardrail wasn’t dramatic enough – but given his personality and the life he led, she’d envisioned his final exit as more theatrical, not common and commingled with the thousands of others who would fade to black during this day or the night to come.


copyright MelissaF 2009

No comments: