I'm so, so grateful to my friend Florinda of The 3R's Blog (you know, the one that's all about Reading, 'Riting, and Randomness) for creating this awesome button for button-challenged me - and for signing up for the Challenge! Thank you, Florinda!
If you missed the details, I had been looking for a memoir-related challenge (because I love memoirs). I knew Vasilly had been hosting In Their Shoes, but wasn't sure if it was continuing into 2010. So, I created this one.
Here are the details:
1. The Memorable Memoir Challenge will be hosted here on The Betty and Boo Chronicles.
2. The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. You're welcome to join anytime.
3. Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)
4. Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.
5. Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 memoirs/diaries/letters/autobiography books in 2010. (Of course, more are fine!) The four was kind of a random number because I was thinking about the seasons of our lives ... hence, four memoirs ... but I want this to be a fun, low-key challenge, especially for those who might be new to memoirs or haven't tried them before.
6. You're not required to make a list, but feel free to do so. You can change your list anytime. I'll do a separate post with some thoughts, and will compile yours too. (Just leave them in the comments.)
7. To join, simply sign up by using MckLinky on this post. If you want to do a special sign-up post on your blog, feel free ... but just the url of your blog is fine.
8. Feel free to grab the button that Florinda made for us!