Wednesday, December 16, 2009

One Hit Wonders

Once again, it's time for another installment of a semi-regular feature (as in, whenever I feel like it) called One Hit Wonders ... or, the search terms that somehow lead people to this blog. As always, this collection of One Hit Wonders is a good one. Let's begin, shall we?

"my braces" "my mother-in-law"

Well, I've had one and I currently have the other, but not at the same time. Nor does my MIL have braces. Your guess is as good as mine as to how someone found this blog from that.

"peggy boo i wanna be loved by you"

A remake of the famous song, perhaps?

"library review Looking for Alaska"
"looking for alaska book report"
"looking for alaska important quotes"

I'm happy to help you out with your homework, kiddos. Just remember to cite the blog - that would be The Betty and Boo Chronicles - because I could use all the followers I can get, and I'm guessing your teacher might be in my target audience.


"looking for alaska ages"

Same for you, too!

"lesson plans for mr. peabody's apples"
"Engineering degree"

You won't find either here, sorry. (The engineering degree is especially laughable.)

"Novacaine shot"

"cost of Novacaine shot"

There've been a lot of hits on these and similar comfortably numb terms. Who knew this was such a hot topic?

"Sunny von Bulow eggnog recipe"

Um ... yeah. First off, hate to burst your bubble on this one, but Sunny von Bulow is not among the choices of how you can cook your eggs. Secondly, I doubt Sunny was making much eggnog in her later years. Thirdly, this is the funniest damn search term (and my favorite) that has landed someone to this blog.

"quaesitum oxford"

Is that a particular type of dress shirt or something?

"opsigamy"

Yes, Your Honor, sir? I'm innocent of the charges that I practiced opsigamy here on my blog. In my defense, sir, I don't even know what the hell that means.

A few other good ones that I can't think up any witty or sarcastic comments for:

"my clunker experience"

"Old World Daughter, New World Mother"

"Maymah Borthwick Cheney" (so many searches on this!)

"gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder"

"how can I get the soundbite for Marcia, Marcia, Marcia?"

"life hands you poems"

"themes in the marriage of bette and boo"

"booing during obama's congress address"

"platforms for class president"

"trip to England"

And finally, last but not least ...

"bon richerd leo"

I haven't seen him around here, but if he's as rich as his name sounds, he's welcome to stop by anytime.

2 comments:

Infant Bibliophile said...

Oh, I love when other blogs post these, but whenever I used to look at mine, the search terms were all completely sensible and not at all laughable. :/ I haven't taken a look at my analytics page in ages, though. Maybe I have some in there. Off to peek. :)

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I get lots of "weather" references. Snowy and rainy weather comes up a lot.

I'll have to spend some time actually researching this! What a fun idea.

BTW, you mention in your sidebar "about me" that you're a Philadelphia girl. Just curious...do you ever read Lisa Scottoline's books? She's from Philadelphia and a lot of her action is centered there.