Thursday, January 7, 2010

Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge - Reviews


I'm so thrilled by all the enthusiasm for The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge! Thank you all for joining. I had no idea what to expect from my first hosted challenge, and I have to say, this is a lot of fun. I'm adding so many great-sounding memoirs to my want-to-read list and discovering a bunch of new (to me) blogs. Hopefully you're doing the same and liking what you're finding here.
(You can join anytime, so feel free to sign up here if you're interested in participating. I purposely made this low-key, as you only need to read four memoirs this year. Details are here, too.)

And, judging from several requests I've gotten to add a review link page, it seems that some of you are zipping through your memoirs at lightning-fast speeds. Sorry it took me a few days to get this up. (Remember, I'm new at this hosting-a-challenge gig so I don't always know what I'm doing and when.)

So without further ado, here's a MckLinky for you to add your Memorable Memoir reviews. I'm also planning to write up a post with all your suggestions for memoirs to read for the challenge ... but I can't keep up with all of you. :)

For the MckLinky below, please add your blog name and title of the book you're reviewing, and then the link to THE SPECIFIC POST on your blog with the review of your book.

Like this:

Melissa(Betty and Boo Chronicles)- Title of Memoir
url of your blog post.
Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

11 comments:

tokemise said...

I messed up and didn't put the title of my book in the Mr. Linky. I read Soldier's Heart: Reading Literature Through Peace and War at West Point. I'll get it right next time.

christa @ mental foodie said...

Oops for Linky #14 I forgot to include my name...

Technically I'm done with this challenge :) But I will be reading more memoir and will keep adding my list.

Sharon said...

And I messed up too and omitted to state the it is me who read I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

No worries! It happens. Off to check out your reviews! Hope you're having fun with the challenge, even if you're finished. (Love that you're still going!)

writergal said...

I've read three memoirs in the past few weeks and my computer hard drive got corrupt so I apologize for posting them all at once but I don't want to forget to do it!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

writergal ~ no problem at all! I'll have to check them out - thanks!

Tea said...

I would really love to try this challenge again. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for giving it.

Tea said...

For my first one I didn't enter a title either. Hoping Mr. Linky would have it. The name is Jackie Carpenter.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've just been sitting on my lists, thinking I'd done what I needed to do! lol

So today I've entered all four links to the reviews for my memoirs.

Zee said...

McLinky doesn't seem to be working. :(

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Ack ... no it doesn't. Sorry about that, everyone. I'll get it fixed as soon as I can. In the meantime, just leave your links in the comments for now. Thanks!