Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Sunday Salon: January Books in Review

When I was compiling my year-end reading stats for 2009, I realized that it would have been an easier task if I did a monthly tally throughout the year. I'm a little late in sharing the books I read in January, which was a pretty pathetic reading month.

1.The Financial Lives of the Poets, by Jess Walter (298 pgs)
2.Mrs. Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf (190 pgs)
3.The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini (audio)
4.Poems from the Women's Movement, edited by Honor Moore (224 pages)

Chapter Books I Read Aloud:
1. Horrid Henry Tricks the Tooth Fairy, by Francesca Simon (library)
2. Horrid Henry's Underpants, by Francesca Simon

Picture Books I Read Aloud:
1. The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmees, by Stan and Jan Berenstain
2. The Berenstain Bears' Week at Grandma's, by Stan and Jan Berenstain
3. The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV, by Stan and Jan Berenstain
4. Arthur's TV Trouble
5. Backpack Stories, by Kevin O' Malley (library)
6. Michelle, by Deborah Hopkinson (library)
7. The Fastest Game on Two Feet (and Other Poems About How Sports Began), by Alice Low (library)
8. My Brother Martin: A Sister Remembers Growing Up with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., by Christine King Farris (library)

Challenges Update:
Audiobook Challenge - 1 of 6 completed
Support Your Library Challenge - 9/75 completed
Woolf in Winter - 1/4 completed

TBR books read: 1
Re-reads: 1

How is your February reading shaping up so far?


copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Belle said...

I don't think I would have gotten through the books I did in January if it weren't for audiobooks. There's nothing like multitasking when you've got a good audiobook!

I've gotten a lot of good holds turning up at the library this month so far, so February's shaping up to be a good reading month.