Friday, March 26, 2010

Links I Liked

We could all laugh a little more, as Robin's post ("Laugh and the World Laughs With You") reminds us.  And, I dare you to look at this photo of Robin's kids in the snow and not laugh.  If you need further motivation, it just took first prize in the MomSpace Magazine Winter Photo contest!

My kids never got into Curious George as much as I hoped they would I did ... but if you or a kid you know are fans of the little monkey, check out this new exhibit at The Jewish Museum in Manhattan.

Speaking of Manhattan, a New York story of a ride along the milky way.   (I absolutely love the concept of this blog, the3six5's posterous.)

I've been loving these posts on my friend MOM-NOS' blog about her incredible recent talk about autism with the kids in her son Bud's class. (Start here with "Circle of Friends"). These posts have done more to restore my faith in this generation than ... well, actually, the next two links that I include below.

I love 11 year old Will Phillips (love!!!! him!!!!) for speaking out for equality for all.  I don't know if I necessarily agree with his stance of refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance, but you gotta give him points for this speech. 

Speaking of equality, our cousin Joey might soon be a household name because of his work with The Equality Project. A segment on our local news prompted CNN to pick up the story (unfortunately, I don't have that link - can't find it) and ... you didn't hear this from me, but word from Joey's dad is that a Big Name TV Person's people have been in touch.  But for now, here he is on Action News last week:



Till next time ...


copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey, thanks for the shoutout!