Monday, March 29, 2010

Morning in America


She gave me the news this morning, along with my large French Vanilla coffee.

My Dunkin' Donuts lady is leaving.  In two weeks. 

She got a better job, one with more humane hours (and bosses), one that is better for her and her family.  It's at the local hospital.  I'm not sure what exactly she'll be doing or if my generic reference letter played a part in this, but there was no mistake from her smile that this is a step up for her, a better move. 

She saw what she needed to do, and she did it.  And I couldn't be any happier.

She gives me an espresso shot of hope, that somehow, maybe, things in this crazy negative world might get a little bit better.

That for at least one person I care about, it really is morning in America



copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

Niksmom said...

Wow! Please tell your DD lady that I am very happy for her! That's wonderful news.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Its great to see people moving up, even though they are moving on.

Maya Ganesan said...

Congrats to her! I went back and read your posts about her, and she seems so incredible...you're very lucky to have someone like her in your life. :) I'm sure she will be very happy at her new job (and that you certainly had something to do with it!).