Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipe: Chick, Chick, Cous!

I'm over at (Never) Too Many Cooks today, making my culinary blogging debut there, so stop on over and say hi.  I'm serving up a very simple and easy dinner of boneless chicken, chickpeas, and couscous that (wait for it ... ) both my kids devoured last week.  Here, try a bite:


I kind of improvised this dinner, using a marinaded chicken recipe of Rachael Ray's and having a craving for couscous and knowing my kids would eat chickpeas. We tend to go for the plainer foods in our house, so this isn't meant to impress anyone.  (Although if one can manage to get my two 8 year olds to eat something other than Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese, that is impressive to me.) 

Chick, Chick, Cous! comes from the fact that, in our house, it helps to give a new dinner a catchy name.  Say it like "duck, duck, goose" and tell me if that isn't more appetizing to an 8-year old than "chicken with couscous and chickpeas.")

You can find the full recipe recipe over at (Never) Too Many Cooks.  Along with a lot of other tasty morsels from my new friends. 



copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

K A B L O O E Y said...

Ha! I like the duck, duck, goose cadence more than anything. Didn't know you were food blogging, but will have to check out the recipe. I have chicken in frig that must be cooked ASAP and I love couscous, so...