Saturday, March 20, 2010

Weekend Cooking: (Never) Too Many Cooks

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. For more information, see the welcome post.

Indulge me in a little bit of self-promotion, if you will, for this edition of Weekend Cooking.

If you're a regular around here at Weekend Cooking, chances are you're reading a foodie cooking blog or two.  Well, there's a fairly new one that launched in October 2009 that I'd like to tell you about.  

It's called (Never) Too Many Cooks, and this week I was invited to become one of the eight cooks in their kitchen! I'm thrilled about this for a lot of reasons, but especially since I already "know" several of the other cooks from sampling their great blogs. It is very much like hangin' with some good friends over a great meal and a bottle of wine (or not). 

I'll be cooking up ... uh, something ... every other Tuesday, starting on the 23rd. (Actually, I think I know what recipe I'm sharing for my debut.  It's a kid-friendly recipe that I created this week and that someone else probably perfected along the way, but I've given it the catchy name of Chick, Chick, Cous.  (Get it? Like duck, duck, goose?)  Hey, whatever gets my kids to eat something more than Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese, y'know?  Mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.

I hope you'll stop over and check out what we're cooking up.  (We also welcome guest posts, too.) Because, just as there's such a thing as (Never) Too Many Cooks, there's also such a thing as never having enough food blogs to read either.



copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

4 comments:

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

Great name for the blog and a great idea. I'll come visit.

Kaye said...

I checked out the site, signed up to follow and I'm looking forward to your grand debut!

Beth F said...

Wow!!! How awesome is that? I'll be checking out that blog and your posts. I love your recipe title, too.

JoAnn said...

How exciting! I'm on my way over...