Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reading in Spirit


Happy Read-a-Thon Day to my book blogging friends!

I'm not officially participating this time around, primarily because I'm ... um ... very busy this morning (as you can tell from my sitting here on the sofa, still clad in PJs, frittering away time online). 

As of tomorrow, I'm leaving my family for four days and heading for Baltimore, where 4,000 people who do what I do for a living are gathering for an international conference.  (If you follow me on Twitter and notice a lot of tweets  and RTs from me with the hashtag #afpmeet, that's why. And if you happen to be a reader of this blog and are actually among those 4,000 attending, send me an email.) 

I'm really looking forward to it, although it is weird ... I don't think I've been away from The Husband and the kids this long before.  (Somehow, I think they will survive.)

So, there's a few things to do around the house (like blogs to read and Facebook statuses to update) before I go.  Not much time for reading, but I thought I would cheerlead when I can.  I can't not participate at all.  I mean, really ... one has to have priorities, you know.

Happy reading everyone!



copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Have a wonderful time! That sounds like a fun trip :)