Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Sunday Salon


It's starting to feel very real, isn't it, that we're finally at the week of all bookish goodness ... BEA and the first Book Blogger Convention!  I'll only be in New York on Friday for the latter (am a little disappointed about missing the BBC reception on Thursday evening, as well as several bloggers who will only be at BEA and not the Con) but these things happen.  Needless to say, I am very excited to meet so many of my book blogging friends. Hopefully my BlackBerry and camera batteries will be up to the task.
Being Kindle-less, I've been giving much time to contemplating which book to take with me on my nearly 2 hour Amtrak ride to the Big Apple. My current read, South of Broad by Pat Conroy, would be perfect.  However, at 471 pages, it's pretty hefty for such a trip.  

I've promised a review of This One is Mine by Maria Semple "in mid-late May" so I'm thinking that might be my Amtrak book.  From several other reviews I've seen, it seems to be a fairly quick read, right? So, if you're headed to Book Blogger Con and see someone on Amtrak on Friday reading this, please say hi.

(Drop me a note in the comments or on Twitter @bettyandboo if you're going to be at the Con ... I'd love to meet you!)

We're headed to a graduation party this afternoon, so not much more time today for reading or blogging. Hope you have a great Sunday and a fabulous week ahead, regardless of whether your plans include BEA, the Book Blogger Convention, Armchair BEA or something equally as fun!


copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I can't wait to meet you at the Con! See you soon.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Going to NYC sounds exciting!

I've been wanting to read South of Broad. Loved Prince of Tides by this author.

I read and reviewed This One is Mine.

Check my Sunday Salon, where I post the link to my review, among others.

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-salon_23.html

readerbuzz said...

I wish I could be there, I am hoping to try and participate in the Armchair BEA, but I hope you will be my eyes and ears.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Trisha ~ I am not leaving the Con until I find you! :)

Laurel-Rain ~ I think you will really like South of Broad. There are a lot of similar elements as Prince of Tides, but not enough to make you feel like you're reading the same book, you know?

readerbuzz ~ I'll do my very best!

JoAnn said...

Have fun, Melissa!