Friday, June 25, 2010

Audiobook Week: Some of My Favorites


Today concludes the first Audiobook Week, hosted by Jen at Devourer of Books. I think we can all agree it has been a fun and informative week, no? I know I've definitely gotten some more ideas for potential audios and great ideas and suggestions for my audio reviews.

For this final day, Jen's discussion prompt asks us to include some of our favorite audios.

Happy to oblige, Jen!  Here are a few audiobooks I've enjoyed.  (Links take you to my reviews.)

South of Broad, by Pat Conroy (narrated by Mark Deakins)
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini (narrated by Khaled Hosseini)
A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini (narrated by by Atossi Leoni)
Little Earthquakes, by Jennifer Weiner (narrated by Johanna Parker)
Loving Frank, by Nancy Hoban (narrated by Joyce Bean)
She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb (narrated by Kathy Najimy)
The Center of Everything, by Laura Moriarty
Unaccustomed Earth, by Jhumpa Lahiri (narrated by Sarita Choudhury and Ajay Naidu)
The Sugar Queen, by Sarah Addison Allen (narrated by Karen White)
The 19th Wife, by David Ebershoff (narrated by Arthur Morey,  Daniel Passer, Kimberly Farr, and  Rebecca Lowman)
If You Could See Me Now, by Cecilia Ahern (narrated by Susan Lynch and Rupert Degas)
On Chesil Beach, by Ian McEwan (narrated by Ian McEwan)
All He Ever Wanted, by Anita Shreve (narrated by Dennis Boutsitkaris)
The Buffalo Soldier, by Chris Bohjalian (narrated by Alison Fraser)
The Almost Moon, by Alice Sebold (narrated by Joan Allen)
Ellen Foster, by Kaye Gibbons (narrated by Kaye Gibbons)

(I also should put in a plug for my current read, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger.  I'm primarily reading the print edition of this, but I have listened to a little bit of the audio, which is beautifully narrated by Bianca Amato.)

It has been a pleasure participating in Audiobook Week.  A special thank you to Jen for hosting such a fun event!

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

I'm glad to hear that the audio of "Her Fearful Symmetry" is good! I have it for an audio re-read later this year.