Friday, June 11, 2010

Hey, Bloggiesta!

"Wanna see me do the Macarena?" Boo asked, one night earlier this week.

Apparently this is what we're learning at after school care (I'm not complaining; I can think of far worse things) so he proceeded to demonstrate his smooth moves.  As a result, I now have the Macarena song in my head. You're welcome if that is now the case for you.  We can all sing along, only to a revised version: Hey, Bloggiesta!

Hey there bloggers, it's time for Bloggiesta!
Maw Books is hosting a most awesome fiesta!
Now's no time for you to siesta!
Heeeeeey, Bloggiesta!

Write those reviews that are piling up-a!
Fix those labels so they're not so yuck-a!
If you're feeling a bit weary, go grab a cup-a!

Heeeeeey, Bloggiesta!

OK, that's all I can think of right now. Besides, Bloggiesta's about actually working on our blogs, not about procrastinating under the guise of being witty, right? 

To make this an official starting post, here's what I am hoping to accomplish during Bloggiesta:

Clean up my labels and tags
There are a few extraneous ones, I know. 

Write backlogged posts
I'd like to finish my Book Blogger Convention recap, as well as write up the author signing and presentation by Jonathan Mooney that I went to with my blogging friend Niksmom

Figure out how to create Pages in Blogger.
I'd like to move some of my sidebar stuff to Pages.

Write reviews.
I'm actually in pretty good shape with my reviews, I think.  Fairly caught up.  But it sure would be nice to be completely caught up. Five more reviews will do that.

Write some "rainy day" posts.
Related to this, I have a lot of posts in draft.  Decide which ones of these are worth saving. Specifically, I'd also like to write some posts in advance for Weekend Cooking, (Never) Too Many Cooks, and my Beach Reads feature on Surviving the Sandcastles.

Deal with the challenges.
By this, I mean that I need to:
a) decide what challenges are not going to happen and remove those buttons from my sidebar;
b) update challenge posts, including my own Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge that I'm hosting

Create a text file (or Google Doc) of cheat sheets (html codes, post url’s, etc.)

Continue combing through Google Reader and make some unsubscribing decisions.
If you have a partial feed, I'm most likely going to be saying adios during this weekend's Bloggiesta.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I read through others' posts.

We'll see how much of this actually gets done.  It's our 17th anniversary this weekend, so even though nothing special is going on (we went out to dinner last Saturday), I should pay some attention to the guy in the recliner next to me. Also, I really would like to do some reading and there will probably be our weekly library visit too, along with some straightening up of the house.  We're now up to two library books that have gone AWOL, so clearly something needs to change.

Till then, Happy Bloggiesta-ing, everybody!

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

8 comments:

avisannschild said...

Ha ha, that's a great song! I'm procrastinating on actually doing some writing (of some sort) for the Bloggiesta by commenting on blogs... Good luck with your to-do list!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

You're not alone, avisannschild ... I'm reading/commenting, too. (My arm is cramping after just an hour. This does not bode well.)

Marie said...

I procrastinated for a bit today too. I'm amazing how inviting sweeping the floor and cleaning the sink is when you've got some not-so-exciting blog tasks to do.

Anyway, you have a great list. Have a productive weekend.

Trisha said...

Ah the joys of cleaning up the blog and getting some posting done. I've been working on it on and off all day. And I think I just keep adding more to the "to do" list rather than getting things done. :)

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Actually, procrastinating under the guise of being witty sounds good to me! lol

I'd like to learn how to add pages to Blogger, too! I've gone to those sites where they explain it, and I always leave, my eyes crossed and my self-esteem down...

That's why I added some blogs at Word Press (pages built in!). Of course, I kind of went crazy with all the blogs, but that's another story.

Good luck with your tasks!

Mystee said...

Good luck on your goals :) ...hope your having a great bloggiesta weekend.

Mystee
http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Happy anniversary Melissa! And I love the song!! Oh my - I loved that dance when it came out.

Trish said...

Ha! Love the Macarena song (even though I'm secretly cursing you for getting it stuck in my head).

Writing backlogged posts and writing posts for rainy days are two things on my blogging wishlist. And I don't even bother with partial feed blogs anymore. Even blogs I really like!