Thursday, June 10, 2010

Work in Progress


It's kind of a dangerous thing, this drinking a cup of Starbucks Via at 5 p.m. and then discovering that Blogger has made available all kinds of new funky templates to tweak our blogs to our hearts' content. I'm like a kid in a candy store tonight, sampling all kinds of colors and layouts and gadgets ... oh, my!

Thank God this weekend is Bloggiesta.  As if I had nothing else to do blog-wise (or life wise, as this is The Husband's and my anniversary weekend), now I have a plethora of stuff to tinker with here.

Oh, hell, this can be my non-official start of Bloggiesta - which is a blogging marathon for those who don't live your lives online as I obviously do. I know my secret is safe with you that I've started this fiesta a little early.

What do you think of this work in progress so far?

Photo taken by me at an event for work last year. Copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

7 comments:

avisannschild said...

This is the template I almost used for my blog! Love the new Blogger template options and your new look is great! I'd recommend you make your middle column wider, though, so your photos don't spill over the edge (or tweak the photos, but that will take longer!). And widen your header photo, maybe? Not sure how easy that is to do...

I'm hoping to do the Bloggiesta thingie too this weekend. (We'll see how much time I can actually devote to it; I certainly have heaps of items on my to-do list.)

It was lovely to meet you in NYC!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Great minds think alike, avisannschild! Aren't the new templates fun? I love having three columns as a choice now.

Thanks for the encouragement and the suggestions (those were some of the things I thought of, too). Lots of playing around with this in my future this weekend.

GREAT to meet you too!

Florinda said...

I like the new look! I wish Blogger had had all these template options when I changed mine last year (but they were nice to work with when we were setting up the Armchair BEA blog).

Enjoy Bloggiesta! I'm opting out this time, since I have some packing to do this weekend.

JoAnn said...

This is the template I keep trying out, but can't get it to look quite right. I like what you've done so far... will be watching the progress. Good Luck!

Trisha said...

I have been forcing myself to stay away from those new templates. If I change my blog design, those business cards I paid for won't match anymore.... I'm not sure how long I'll be able to resist though.

K A B L O O E Y said...

Hey, I started mucking around at 10 PM, then came to my senses because the sidebars were all messy and the header was too little. I'm sure it'd be all fixable, but I knew if I tried, I'd be up all night and possibly delete my entire blog. Good for you for making it work!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Oh, and thanks for letting me know about Bloggiesta. I ended up signing myself up and also linked to you:
http://kablooeyquest.blogspot.com/2010/06/vote-for-pedro.html, so if I make any progress, I'll (again) have you to thank. But I still wish margaritas were involved.