Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Try to Remember, 'Cause It'll Soon Be September


You've seen this banner all over Book Blog Land, so you probably don't need me to remind you that the deadline for registering for Book Blogger Appreciation Week is ... tomorrow!

But just in case you are, like me, just getting around to realizing that holy crap, it's already July!  I thought I would do my civic blogger duty and offer a reminder. 

All the details are here on the BBAW site.  One of the things to remember is that even if you're like me and sitting out the self-nominating award process this year, you still have to be registered in order to be eligible to vote.  And regardless of your thoughts or perspective on this year's BBAW process, you'll want to do that in order to support your fellow bloggers.

I went back and forth many, many times on whether to jump in the self-nominating awards pool.  (I might as well have been back at my childhood swim club standing on the edge of the high dive with a line of people behind me.) It's almost embarrassing to admit how many brain cells I probably burned while obsessing about contemplating whether to nominate myself or not. There were other things - life-related things, like making sure the cat secured her reservation at the five star resort of the Bed and Biscuit Kennel and Cattery (I'm not making that up) during the week we were away or the broken crown in my mouth that has started nagging me for some attention within days of our vacation - that threatened to fall through the cracks while I agonized over BBAW and categories and who was self-nominating and ... and ... and ....

Finally I decided that if the very idea of nominating myself was causing me so much agita, then maybe that was my answer right there. Something about the whole process was giving me pause, even if I couldn't (and still can't) identify what exactly that something is. Was. Whatever.  

So go forth and register.  Now.  Today. For awards, or not for awards.  Because tomorrow is almost here and chances are, September will be here sooner than we think.


copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hmmm, well that's really insightful! Hope you decide to nominate yourself next year! But participating and voting and not having to think about how you're doing will probably be nice too! =)

teadevotee.com said...

Aw, Melissa! Well, I think your blog is awesome and you are under-appreciating yourself. Plus, if there was an award for best header photo, you'd deffo win hands down :)
Lyndsey

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

You are both too kind! Thanks so much.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I'm going to register myself as well!