Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Blogger Hop - July 23


Time once again for us to hop into the weekend and into the worlds of new book blogs!  For this week's Book Blogger Hop, hostess Jennifer from Crazy-for-Books asks us to tell about the book we're currently reading. 


I'm really enjoying Claude and Camille: A Novel of Monet, a historical novel by Stephanie Cowell, who gives her reader a fascinating glimpse into the life of Impressionist painter Claude Monet and his romance with Camille Doncieux. Although he is one of the world's best known artists today, that wasn't always the case.  He spent most of his life as a struggling, poor artist, often living in studios with friends Renoir, Pissaro, Degas, Cezanne, and Manet. (Their interactions are among the most amusing parts of the book.) 

I'm also listening to Stones into Schools: Promoting Peace with Books, Not Bombs in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Greg Mortenson.  Between the history of the area and the people involved in establishing the schools to the students themselves, this one is chock-full of information. (Almost too much to remember via audio, in my opinion.) I haven't read Three Cups of Tea, but Greg Mortenson's follow-up to his bestseller would likely be of interest to anyone who has.

If you're visiting from the Hop, welcome!  What are you reading this week?

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

11 comments:

Candace said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think you'd enjoy doing the Birth Year reading challenge. I've been having a good time with it!

Bookangel said...

Birth Year reading challenge? Interesting Bev! What was popular in '82 I wonder? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books! Happy Friday from California. Pussreboots.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog- I've become your follower as well. I really like the story behind your header picture!

JEANIE said...

Hi,
Just hopping around to different blogs.

Happy Friday!
Jeanie

Twice is Nice Blog

JEANIE said...

Hi,
Just hopping around to different blogs. Sorry if this is a double post.

Happy Friday!
Jeanie

Twice is Nice Blog

Julie J. said...

Hopping in to say Hi! Enjoy your weekend!

Happy Reading!

Julie

My Own Little Corner of the World

KIKA said...

Coming through via blog hop! Love the blog! am now a follower :) Happy reading!

TheBookBluff

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Thank you - and welcome! - to all the new friends and followers! Great to have you here. I'm looking forward to reading more of your blogs too.

K A B L O O E Y said...

I'm not hopping, I'm not a book blogger, but I am a reader, so thought I'd play too, if that's OK. I've got two going because I mislaid the first for a few hours and couldn't go bookless at that moment. So I'm reading: The House at Sugar Beach by Helene Cooper (thumbs up so far), and This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (very funny and endearing so far).