Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh, Yeah, So About That Memorable Memoir Challenge ....

Remember this?  That little Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge that I just happen to be hosting?


Yeah, that one right up there.  It's OK if this only remotely rings a bell or you think you remember hearing something about it waaaaaay back when we turned the calendar to a new year and made all kinds of reading challenge goals galore. 

If you're new to my blog and, hence, new to the Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge, you can still join. It goes until December 31, and the only requirement is that you read four memoirs. That's it. Four. Diaries, letters, autobiographies count as memoir in my book, so they also count for this challenge. As I say in the sign up, if you think it's the stuff of memoir, it counts.

I've kind of let things slide here with my hosting duties, and for that I apologize. But judging from the review page, you're all doing just fine by yourselves!  I'm amazed at the number of people participating (51!) and the incredible-sounding memoirs that you've been reading.

I'm happy to say that I've completed this challenge ('twould be a little embarrassing not to finish one's own challenge now, right?).  Here are the memoirs (or memoir-like) books I've read (links take you to my reviews):

1. Prairie Tale: A Memoir, by Melissa Gilbert
2. The Audacity to Win:  The Inside Story and Lessons from Barack Obama's Historic Victory, by David Plouffe
3. Read My Pins: Stories from Inside a Diplomat's Jewel Box, by Madeleine Albright
4. Lift, by Kelly Corrigan
5. Someone Will Be with You Shortly: Notes from a Perfectly Imperfect Life, by Lisa Kogan

And, it goes without saying (although I went awhile without saying) that I give a big shout out to those who have finished or even exceeded the challenge:

Christa from Mental Foodie
Kathy from Bermudaonion
Amy S. from Steele on Entertainment
Colleen from Books in the City
Jenna from Little Bird
Jayne from Beachreader
TT&TOT
Read with Tea
Julie from Booking Mama
Dawn from She is Too Fond of Books
Wendy from Caribou's Mom

This is only from those who have linked up four or more reviews to the Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge review page Of course, I have no way of knowing otherwise if there are others who may have finished, so be sure to link up your reviews!

There's no need to stop at four memoirs ... keep it going!  Thanks to all who have participated (and continue to participate) in my first challenge!

The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge 2010 sign up page is here
And the review page is here.



copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

5 comments:

teadevotee.com said...

Ace! I'll totally sign up. This is my dream challenge!

Julie said...

I've really gotten into reading memoirs this year. I don't think I can handle tracking another challenge though! But I'm definitely going to check out all those reviews to see if there are any I need to add to my TBR list!

Debbie said...

It is a very good challenge! I need to get going on it.

Tina's Blog said...

I so need to sign up for this...how did I miss this many months ago? I think I read 4 memoirs in June alone. This is a perfect challenge for me - because I actually have a chance of completing it!

Marce said...

Memoirs are new to me and I just did a post asking for recommendations and Christa pointed me in your direction.

I will join next year. I have read 1, reading another now and may read another by Dec but don't want join and not complete it.

Lift was a possible for me actually.