Friday, August 27, 2010

Library Loot - August 25-31


I was doing so well with my Library Loot for this week.  Really.  I only had one book in my hand, Losing Charlotte by Heather Clay.  (Yes, I know that happens to be in my already-existing piles of loot. But since the due date is coming up soon, I thought I'd check it out again and return my original copy so that I'd get a few more weeks to read this one.)

Anyway, so I was feeling very pleased with myself that I had one book.  And I was resolved to only check out one book. 

I know, who am I kidding?  I'm hopeless. 

Here's what I wound up bringing home.  Still, not as bad as last week, right?  Plus, I've gotten through one of my books from the previous pile (The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin), abandoned two others, and am moving right along with another.  So, we're in good shape. 


Come to Me: Stories, by Amy Bloom

The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery (I've been wanting to read this forever)

Red Car: Stories, by Sallie Bingham

Losing Charlotte, by Heather Clay

A Blind Man Can See How Much I Love You: Stories, by Amy Bloom

Where the God of Love Hangs Out, by Amy Bloom

The PEN/O. Henry Prize Stories 2010 (I didn't realize this was out already, so I was thrilled to see it ... and of course, had to check it out)

Mrs. Somebody Somebody: Stories, by Tracy Winn (I just love that title, don't you?)

How is My Third Grader Doing In School? What to Expect and How to Help, by Jennifer Jacobson (This one looks a little more dated than I thought. It's from when we were partyin' like it was 1999, so I'm not sure how relevant this will be. I'll look at it but my guess is that it might be going back in next week's stack.) 

Have you read any of these?

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky (here on Marg's blog) any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

lucybirdbooks said...

I'm reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog now. I'm only about 100 pages in but quite liking it, although it's barely really started yet.

Marg said...

Ha! Not bad given that you only had one book in the hand!

The Elegance of the Hedgehog is one that I want to read.

Enjoy your loot!