Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Start Spreading the News ... There's a Book Blogger Con 2011!

The awesome swag bag from Book Blogger Convention 2010
Sing it with me, won'tcha?

Start spreadin' the news ... I'm leaving in 268 days!
I want to be a part of it!
Book Blog-ger Con!

That's right, folks ... it is back!  According to the Book Blogger Convention blog, what was a wonderful inaugural event last year is returning for a second year.  And I clearly cannot wait. 

(I feel a little like Virginia in the classic Christmas movie.  Yes, Melissa, there will be a Book Blogger Convention in 2011!) 

I posted this on my Facebook the other day and a few of my book blogger friends seemed to have missed this announcement.  So, because I'm blog-post challenged today, I thought I would offer up the details as a public service announcement by recapping what Michelle said on the Book Blogger Convention blog (which is how I learned of the news).

The BBC reception will be held Thursday evening May 26th.

The main event will be on Friday May 27th.

For your convenience and to minimize confusion, registration will run directly through BEA (registration isn’t open yet but we’ll let you know when it is!)

I absolutely loved last year's Book Blogger Convention and am already packing my bags for next May.  (Which should be easy for me to do, since I haven't fully unpacked from BlogHer yet and there's a good chance my suitcase will still be sitting on my bedroom floor for another 8 months.) 

Make sure to subscribe to the Book Blogger Convention site and follow @bookbloggercon on Twitter!

Will I see you in the Big Apple in May?

All the wonderful peeps I met during last year's Book Blogger Convention ...
spread out on my keyboard.

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I would love to go but honestly right now I can't say for sure if it will happen. If not next year then 2012 for sure. This time we will have to make plans to meet up.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

I would love that, Cindy! Hope you'll be able to make it.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

As of right now, I am totally planning on going! Start saving money now!, that's my plan!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Yay! Would love to see you again, Michelle. (Any chance I can get you to divulge the name of that awesome hotel you stay at? Puh-leeeesssee????!)

Trisha said...

I will be there with bells on if it's at all possible!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

So disappointed I'll miss BBC again this year :( I hope to get to BEA, but have to leave Thurs for college reunions. I'll be reading the tweets and missing you all!