Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On Being Mentioned in More Than the Curve


Sometimes bloggers like me write posts like this one ("Forever 21") with the hope that they might make a bit of a difference to someone.  That they'll be noticed.

And sometimes, that actually happens.

And when it does, I'm profoundly grateful. 

Tonight, I'm very appreciative to a guy I've never met (at least, not that I know of) named Kevin.  Kevin runs an informative and nicely-designed - and pretty popular - website called More Than the Curve, a guide to the best restaurants, bars, and more in Conshohocken, Pa.  It's only a year old but he's doing great things with it.

Like this:

I just learned that Kevin included a link to my most recent post about Kristin Mitchell in his latest News and Gossip post on his site and I am astounded - and humbled - to discover how many people have read it as a result of his generosity.

With that particular post, though, it's not about recognition for myself or my blog. It's about awareness, about making people aware of the signs of dating violence so that they don't become a statistic like Kristin.

We never know who is reading our words, do we?  And who needs to.

Thanks to Kevin, a few lives may have been saved by reading some of Kristin's last words, pictured here.

You have my sincere thanks.




copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

No comments: