Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update 2: Hour 9

The non-Read-a-Thoners in my house are getting peckish for dinner, so I reluctantly need to put down my book (The Blind Contessa's New Machine) and make them something edible.  We're having Make-Your-Own-Taco-Night here because it is one of the easiest and faster meals in my repertoire. 

So, how is everyone doing? 

I'm still reading The Blind Contessa's New Machine here.  I'm on page 80, and since this is only 207 pages, I'm pretty confident I'll finish this one by the end of the Read-a-thon.  (That would be a first for me, finishing a book from cover to cover during Read-a-thon!)  It's a small book, so it kind of feels like cheating because the pages aren't exactly the size of those in a "typical" book.  But it's serving its purpose for the Read-a-Thon, so that's all that matters.

Betty is also participating with me, which is kind of cool.  She read all of Judy Moody Saves the World by Megan McDonald, which is 126 pages.  We spent an hour and 15 minutes upstairs in the guest bedroom reading ... and it's quite possible that I might have dozed off a bit and snuck in a little nap. 

I'd like for her to participate more (although I'm not forcing the issue) because she and Boo have been bickering non-freakin'-stop today.  I'm just trying to ignore them at this point.  They've been relentless in their arguing, their fighting, the screaming, the complaining ... it is absolutely unreal, and it's not conducive to Read-a-Thoning, unfortunately. 

Total pages read so far: 212

Total time spent reading: 4 hours

OK, I'd better get cookin' and making Taco Night for the family.  Ole!  (Oh, wrong event ... that's Bloggiesta.)

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

jensfgeek said...

Looks like you and Betty have been doing great! Happy reading!

softdrink said...

Hope things improve for the evening!