Saturday, October 9, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #4: Another Book Finished!


I could get used to this sort of thing, this finishing two books during the Read-a-Thon.  Such a thing has never happened to me before. 

I needed an easier-than-usual read by the time 10:00 p.m. rolled around (that's Hour 14 of the Read-a-Thon here) and I remembered that I purchased Little Billy's Letters while book shopping in New York with Florinda during BlogHer.  Beginning in the mid-1990s, Bill Geerhart assumed the persona of his younger self and, as Billy, embarked on writing letters to various celebrities and other ... um, notable people.  He asked their advice on all kinds of matters and the responses to "Little Billy" are hilarious (and, in the case of some murderers, kinda disturbing). 

Finishing Little Billy's Letters puts me at a total of 579 pages read during a total of 7.5 hours. It also puts me at 55 books read for all of 2010, which is very exciting because I read 56 last year. 

Anyway, this will likely be my last Read-a-Thon update for the evening now that the clock is about to strike midnight here.  I'm planning to curl up in bed with Lay Back the Darkness, a collection of poems by Edward Hirsch. 

For those who are still Read-a-Thoning, you're doing great!   Can't wait to catch up on all the posts tomorrow. 

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on making it so long, and finishing another book!

reviewsbylola said...

I read a lot of the letters from Little Billy's Letters, but I admit I was mostly interested in the letters from Charles Manson and Susan Atkins.