Monday, November 29, 2010

Challenges Finished: Women Unbound












The Women Unbound Reading Challenge ends tomorrow  (how is that even possible?!) and I'm delighted to mark this one COMPLETED.

I really enjoyed this challenge, as I knew I would.  (I think it was my favorite challenge of the year.) My goal was the Suffragette level, which meant reading eight books (including three non-fiction books). Links take you to my reviews.  

1. The Curse of the Good Girl, by Rachel Simmons















6. Mrs. Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf

7. Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee, by Charles Shields


I also read three other books worth mentioning that also fit the challenge requirements:



Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn (audiobook)







Thank you to the hosts of the Women Unbound challenge for a wonderful year of reading!


copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

Florinda said...

Congratulations! I loved the idea of this challenge but punted on the execution. I still have the books I planned to read for it set aside, though, so it may continue as a personal challenge for me.

Alison said...

So glad my book made into the Women Unbound challenge! Very cool! And thanks again for the wonderful review.

Care said...

OH, you read some absolutely FABulous books! Yay for the Women Unbound Challenge! And may you have an awesome 2011.