Saturday, December 25, 2010

And What to My Wondering Eyes Did Appear ...


... but a surprise gift from The Husband, met with much cheer!

Yes, I am finally the proud owner of a Kindle! 

When it comes to presents, I am not an easy person to surprise.  I know this, and after 21 Christmas Days together, The Husband definitely knows this.  He wanted to surprise me with something special this year, while I just assumed we weren't exchanging gifts, as per usual.  (We bought the kids iPod nanos, taking a bigger chunk than usual out of our gift-giving budget.) 

So while I was presented with my first ever Kindle, he had to make do this morning with two Hershey Special Dark chocolate bars in his stocking. 

We've been on the go all day, traveling 1.5 hours up to the in-laws for breakfast and exchanging gifts (more bookish stuff, including the long-coveted Zenobia by Beth Kephart!) and then over to my mother's for more gifts (and more books).  I managed to find time to download 47 free books and 4 sample chapters, one of which I've already read most of. 

I'll have more of a Christmas recap (especially of the books!) soon but until then, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and a great day!




copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

10 comments:

Beth S. said...

Very nice Christmas surprise!

I am so up in the air regarding my feelings about e-readers. On the one hand, I love that you can have so many books in one little place. On the other hand, I am a library girl all the way and HATE to pay for books unless they're for my classroom and I know that they will be read by many different sets of eyes. So I will only start pining for a Kindle when you can start borrowing books and not just buying them.

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

OOOOOO, my husband surprised me with one as well!! :) Smart guys!! Hope you're enjoying your holidays!!

Amy said...

WOW! What a fantastic gift!! Enjoy it :) Merry Christmas.

Florinda said...

I hope you enjoy your new Kindle - I actually haven't ended up using mine all that often, but I really like it when I do!

Merry Christmas to you and yours :-).

Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas to you! I adore my Kindle and know you will love yours, too. I can't wait to hear what you'll read first --

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

EReaders were THE gift this Christmas. I bought 2 Kindles as gifts and got one in return for me! enjoy.

I love being able to someday have 3,500 books on one little device.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That is so exciting! I got one, too...again, a total surprise!

Who knew that my daughter was paying attention to the state of my overflowing bookshelves! LOL

Here's my Sunday Salon, with tidbits.

(click on my name)

Amused said...

Cool! I got one of these for my boyfriend and he was thrilled! I hope you love it :)

stacybuckeye said...

Congrats on a VERY merry Christmas :)

Zee said...

My dad got me one! It isn't here yet but I am super excited!

Have fun!