Friday, December 31, 2010

Best Books I Read in 2010: Non-Fiction



Of the 79 books I read this year, 30 of them were nonfiction.  Pictured above are the best of the bunch, with Curtains coming in right under the wire.  (I just finished it about a half hour ago, making it the last book read in 2010. Hence, no review yet.)

Keep in mind, these are books I read in 2010, not necessarily only those published in 2010.  They're in alphabetical order by author last name, and the links take you to my reviews.

NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children, by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman

Curtains: Adventures of an Undertaker-in-Training, by Tom Jokinen

Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel H. Pink

Anne Frank:  The Book, the Life, the Afterlife, by Francine Prose

Louisa May Alcott: The Woman Behind Little Women, by Harriet Reisen

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot

Have you read any of these?  Are any of them on your "want to read" list for 2011? 

copyright 2010, Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy, The Betty and Boo Chronicles) If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Totally agree with you about Nurture Shock and Half the Sky!! The Drive one is one I've been wanting to read for a while now... I have it on my nook... just need to get to it!!! And the Henrieta Lacks one I really want to read too!!

Beth S. said...

I loved Drive. I'm a teacher and I wish our principal would make all of the faculty at our school read that book!

Amy said...

Great list of favorites. I really enjoyed Half the Sky when I read it as well.