Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bloggiesta Update 1


So who had the brilliant idea for me to create a Book Review Page here on the blog?

Oh, right ... that would be me. 

This particular project is taking up the majority of my Bloggiesta time, what little Bloggiesta time I have, and starting to make my hand hurt.  Thus far, I have 88 reviews (fiction, nonfiction, children's/middle grade/YA, and poetry) linked up on the page.  For the past few weeks I've been adding them haphazardly, but for Bloggiesta I'm going back through all my book reviews and seeing which ones haven't made it onto the list yet.  I'm only halfway through my posts from 2009!

Between yesterday and today, I would say that I have probably spent 8 hours doing Bloggiesta.  (I also wrote a review and worked on getting my Google Reader under 1000+ posts, which is an ongoing project.)

Betty had her first rehearsal for a children's production of "Jack and the Beanstalk," and while she was there, I went grocery shopping, dropped off the groceries at home, went back to pick her up, and then we went to the library.  So all that occupied most of my morning and part of the afternoon. 

Oh, and I chipped a tooth.  One of my front ones, naturally.  I'm hoping it doesn't chip any more before I can get to the dentist.  At least it doesn't hurt. 

(No tortilla chips for me during this Bloggiesta.  A margarita, however, will be just fine.)


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

5 comments:

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I'm so intrigued by this blogiesta business!! I want to add a bar with labels and I'd really like three columns on my blog instead of 2. I also have some organizing to do and my blog is not backed up (unless somehow that can happen automatically) but I'm so nervous I'll just delete everything!!! I may just sit on the sidelines this time and watch ya'll...maybe play a little behind the scenes?
Can I still have the margarita even if I don't Blogiesta? ;)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I vote for the margarita, too. I never did learn how to make "pages" on Blogger, which is why all of my blogs except two are on Word Press.

Of course, Word Press has its downside, too, with no "buy button" capability. But I can link to pages with images, so that's what I do.

Backing up the blog sounds like an impossible task for someone who has fourteen sites, like I do.

Here's my salon post, with links to my reviews and Bloggiesta update, etc.

(click my name)

OMG, the word verification here today is "hotiness." LOL

Amused said...

Hope you are having a great bloggiesta! I did some tabs last bloggiesta where I categorized all of my books and it was a lot of work but so worth it! Good luck!

unfinishedperson.com said...

It's always good to have your reviews in one place. Even if I didn't write a review, I still give a "starred" review of each book that I include on a separate page. That way, readers of my blog can see if I gave it a thumbs up (usually the case) or thumbs down.

Erin said...

I hope your tooth is ok!

Congratulations on accomplishing such a big, ongoing project! That's exciting. Good luck with the Reader -- that's always an ongoing battle for me.