When last we left Project Decluttering 2011, the number of items tossed, recycled, or donated stood at 33 with another 1,978 to go.
Here are some more things added to the list:
34. A slew of receipts, coupons, grocery lists, etc.
35. An old can of dried out Play-Doh (I can't remember the last time my kids played with Play-Doh)
36. Owner's Manual for the Dora the Explorer Sing-Along CD Player
37. A stack of business cards from one of my former jobs
38. Another 2008 calendar
39. A Christmas card from 2008 (maybe earlier)
40. Tickets to an event that was cancelled and refunded ... yet I still have the tickets.
41-46. Five Magic Markers that don't work.
47. Hospital bracelet from Boo's ear tubes/adenoid surgery in 2008
48. Brochure from Longwood Gardens (I can find out the information online if I need it)
49-50. Two order forms for kids to pre-order their school supplies for the following year (was due in May)
51-61. Ten more worksheets from school.
To Be Donated
62-68. Five children's books.
69. A mini Etch-a-Sketch type of toy.
All of this crap was on my bedroom bureau, staring at me every morning when I woke up and again when I went to bed. (Except for the mini Etch-a-Sketch. That's been on the stairs.)
I'm off from work today, and one of my to-do's is to go through some of the piles of magazines and work on the den (the most clutter-filled room in the house.)
One of these days I will get brave enough to post photos. Maybe. I'm not quite there yet. Baby steps, folks. Baby steps.
And might I add ... I am loving the comments and support on my original post about this endeavor of mine, and the fact that some of you are playing along with your own Decluttering 2011 Projects. Now if I only had a button (which I am inept at doing ... hint, hint), we'd have ourselves an Official Challenge sort of thing happening.
copyright 2011, by Melissa. If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.