Friday, February 18, 2011

A Brave OrcaGirl (A Post from My Daughter's Blog)

Blogging runs in the family.  My 9 year old Betty (also known as OrcaGirl on her blog, Orcas and Stuff) wrote this post last night. Proud mama here?  You betcha.  And grateful to Katie's mom, too.

OK. I know it's been a long time since I last wrote and everything. That was because I had some things that I wanted or needed to do. Today I was at my day care center and we were watching a movie that I didn't like.I was sitting in a corner (I was not in trouble) playing my DS. Then during the movie I heard someone say a word. A VERY bad word, I don't want to write the word but I feel like I have to. Ok, here's the bad word: The word was retarded! I could not believe my ears. I went over to him and I said ``Did you just say retarded?!" But he didn't answer. He just kept on saying it. That's when I had enough. I went over to a teacher and I told her what he said. I felt very brave when I did that. It also made me think of one of the most awsomest and coolest pen pal ever, Katie. She had the same thing with someone too. When I told the teacher I knew how Katie must have felt. She must have felt brave, but a little bit mad at the person who did that. Katie, I'm proud of you. You are so awsome (your sister is too!).




copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

Apples and Autobots said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your daughter. Way to go, sweetie!

K A B L O O E Y said...

I'm impressed too, but what happened? You're leaving us hanging?? What about the teachable moment? What about the audience and their (my) desire to know what the teacher did? It's surely more important to Betty that you validated that what she did was great, but how about letting the other kids learn from it? I just watched Waiting for Superman and I'm a little down on US education system right now. Don't mind me.