Sunday, April 24, 2011

Meditation: O Spirit of Life and Renewal


Sunset coming through the transom of our front door, Feb 2009.
One of my favorite photos that I've ever taken.

O Spirit of Life and Renewal
Rev. Jane Rzepka

We have wintered enough,
mourned enough,
oppressed ourselves enough.

Our souls are too long cold and buried,
our dreams all but forgotten,
our hopes unheard.

We are waiting to rise from the dead.
In this, the season of steady rebirth,
we awaken to the power so abundant, so holy,
that returns each year through earth and sky.

We will find our hearts again, and our good spirits.
We will love, and believe, and give and wonder,
and feel again the eternal powers.

The flow of life moves ever onward
through one faithful spring,
and another,
and now another.

May we be forever grateful.
Alleluia.
Amen.

This meditation, by Unitarian Universalist minister Rev. Jane Rzepka, is one of my very favorites.  Our UU minister used this in an Easter service 10 years ago, and it found a home in my heart then for so many reasons.
 
It still does.
 
It always will.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Kate said...

Beautiful. :)

I'm trying to think of something else to say - but that really sums it up. Just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing.

Heather said...

"we will find our hearts again..." Thank you for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. I miss the Unitarian church I went to long ago in New York City. We've never found a spiritual home to replace it --

Niksmom said...

This is beautiful and moving. I needed to read this tonight, thanks.

Happy Easter, my friend. xo

Alison said...

Ooo, the Unitarians! We're so new to that world, and it's great to see such cool stuff emerging from it!