Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday Morning, April 4

Going through Boo's homework and worksheets last night, I noticed some additional commentary next to his name and the day's date at the top of his papers.

April 4, a day that is terrible in history!!

Given his interest in history and prominent (and not so prominent) figures in the world - and his propensity for remembering dates - this didn't come as much of a surprise to me.  Still, I was proud of him for remembering Martin Luther King, Jr. *(and a little annoyed at his teacher, frankly, that she didn't recognize it with a comment ... but that's another matter). 

I turned to Boo, paper in hand.  "This is really cool, buddy, that you wrote this." 

He stared.  "Oh, I know.  I didn't want to go back to school and it was the worst really, really, terrible, awful morning."

One for the history books, apparently. 

* upon asking further, he did say that he knew it was the anniversary of MLK's assassination and was simply comparing the two awful days.   



copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

unfinishedperson.com said...

That's too funny. I was trying to think why I knew that title and then it dawned on me: U2. The thing is that always got me about the song was that MLK actually was shot in the evening of April 4: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

U2 doesn't know how to count in Spanish either, by the way. ;)