Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That Sound You Heard? Was the Other Shoe Dropping.





Today was a tough one, you guys.


And I was informed I'll be losing my job.

I can't and don't want to say too much publicly about the job situation,
except that it is a casualty of our decision to move. 

The job thing hurts and I'm very upset over this (I loved this job)
but I know there are - and will be - other opportunities.

When one door closes and things happen for a reason and all that shit.

But my friends and their baby girl?

I can't say the same about that. 

I.

Just.

Can't. 

Not tonight.

I'm beyond devastated.

As I wrote to them tonight, there have been only a handful of times in my life
when I thought I could literally feel a piece of my heart breaking off. 

Tonight, thinking of them and that little baby girl?

Is one of those times. 


photo taken by me of "old woman who lived in a shoe" garden decor in my mother's yard, april 2009.


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I am so, so sorry. My heart sank to read of them losing the fight to keep her. There are no words for hurts like that.

Lisa said...

I can't even think of words to post.

Would you have been able to keep your job after the move? I'm sorry you lost it now.

Elizabeth said...

I am so so sorry. I send you hugs and good wishes. I know you'll be a source of comfort for your friends -- even your broken heart will help them.

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I wish you all all the best and I hope that somehow things improve.

Heather J. said...

I am so very sorry to hear this ... it is absolutely unacceptable in every way. :(

Heather J. said...

I am so very sorry to hear this ... it is absolutely unacceptable in every way. :(

Beth S. said...

Sometimes you wonder where the justice is in this world. I always believe that things happen for a reason, but sometimes I wonder what possible reason could something like that be?

I'm sorry to hear you also lost your job.

laura said...

I'm so sorry about your friends. I can't even imagine how their hearts must be breaking right now. I can't imagine the pain in the lives of everyone that has been touched by that little girl.

And I'm sorry about your job, and the timing of the news.

Mel said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends and your job. I'm thinking about you and sending hugs! Be strong.