Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Sunday Salon: April 24


Happy Easter to all who are celebrating today!  We're having a nice, relaxing day here.  Kids have been remarkably restrained in regards to their Easter baskets, much to my surprise. (I woke up a little before 6 a.m. to the sounds of them calmly discussing - for a half hour! - the merits of the various assortment of chocolate they were anticipating.) 

We don't have much planned for today, which is fine with me.  I worked on cleaning and decluttering the house magically transformed the house into a model home yesterday while The Husband took the kids to his parents' house to celebrate Easter a day early ... and we're back in the throes of packing and whatnot today. The good news is that the house is looking pretty good and I think we're finally to the point where we can officially put it on the market this week. 

I'm hoping that I'll not only have a chance to read some of Fragile Beasts today, but perhaps finish it too.   Given that I have nearly 150 pages left (not to mention more to do around the house), I know that's incredibly optimistic.  I was really engrossed in this during the first half of this novel, and now it's kind of starting to lag a bit.  Author Tawni O'Dell has done an incredible job of creating strong characters who I definitely care about and am sympathetic (for the most part) to, but it's approaching that point where something needs to happen or secrets need to be revealed ... or something. 

How is your Sunday?



copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Iliana said...

Hope you guys had a wonderful Easter!

Moving is so crazy so I am amazed that you can even get any reading done. I'll be looking forward to your review of Fragile Beasts. Hadn't heard of that one but I'm intrigued.