Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Waiting



 

I have written before in this space (here and again here) about my friends D. and S.

The ones who, after waiting 15 years, got the call that a birthmother selected them.

The ones who have been parents for the past five months to a beautiful baby girl, who we'll call Baby G.

The ones who got a call that the birthfather is contesting the adoption from his jail cell where he is serving five years.

The ones who are waiting during a trial (courtesy of the Wisconsin's taxpayers dollars) which will determine whether the convicted felon ever established a "parental relationship." 

(Which would mean that Baby G. goes to him.  In jail, I guess. I don't know how these things work and I don't want to.)

The ones who tonight, wait for the jury's verdict.

We have been awaiting word for the past 6 hours.

UPDATE: The verdict was not good.  They lost. 

photo taken by me, Longwood Gardens, May 2010.



copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

8 comments:

picky girl said...

Wow. I honestly cannot imagine the turmoil they are in at the moment. I hope the outcome is what is best for all involved. So sorry for your friends and that sweet baby.

Elizabeth said...

Jesus (said as both appeal and exclamation). I'm bowing my head, hoping it goes the right way.

Niksmom said...

Hoping and praying that the verdict is in favor of the child's best interests...not necessarily blood paternity, KWIM? *sigh*

Melissa said...

Thank you, all, for your good thoughts and prayers. No word from them yet (as of 9:01 a.m. EST)

Lisa said...

and now?? This is such a crazy thing.

Melissa said...

11:05 EST and still no word ...

Heather J. said...

wow, I hope that the news is good when it finally comes!

Trisha said...

What a horrid situation, and so ridiculous. I sincerely hope things work out properly.