Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekend Cooking: Breakfast Buffet, Betty and Boo Style


Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads and is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs. If your post is even vaguely foodie, feel free to grab the button and link up anytime over the weekend. Please link to your specific post, not your blog's home page. For more information, see the welcome post.

My kids are enamored with the concept of a "breakfast buffet."  Every morning, they request such and I usually comply with a modified version.  They'll help themselves to muffins before I wake up, and then I'm pressed into service as a short-order breakfast buffet cook whipping up pancakes, vegetarian bacon or sausage, juice, and a small omelet (for Boo). 

Last evening, they were playing downstairs in the basement playroom.  Shortly thereafter, Betty presented me with her Breakfast Buffet menu for her newly-launched restaurant ("The Peanut Place," in honor of  the nickname The Husband has bestowed on her):

Bacon Blintz
Waffle Whoosh!
Coffee cream'e
Mixed berry chocolate muffin
Saturday souffle
Perfect Pancakes
Dude is for Doughnuts
Supper-Egg!
Wow Tea!
Cereal Surprise
Banana Blitz
Pastry Pling
Eggo Meggo

Meal can come with your choice of bacon, side of healthy whipped cream, and breakfast roll.  

Ignore the increasing cholesterol counts.  (Although you certainly can't go wrong with a "side of healthy whipped cream," right?)





copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

8 comments:

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I love the breakfast buffet!! It doesn't happen around here as much as I would like but those are special times in the kitchen with the entire family :)

Margot said...

Now that is a creative menu. I think she has a career ahead of her in menu writing. If you can get the recipe for the healthy whipped cream. I'd love it. Thanks for the fun post.

Melissa said...

Love it! And a restaurant that promises a side of healthy whipped cream will never go out of business. :-D

Sherrie said...

Hi!
This is so cute! She is going to make a great menu planner. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Joy Weese Moll said...

What a fun menu! A budding chef, I'd say!

Beth F said...

I love this! When does the restaurant open?? I'm there. And anytime someone can serve me healthy whipped cream, I'm in heaven.

Meg said...

Love these menu items, and I could definitely go for some "Wow Tea!" this Monday morning!

Heather said...

I am all in for that buffet. It would be a lot of fun I suspect.