Sunday, June 19, 2011

When It Feels Sad and Beautiful, Like the Last Day


Me and my dad on my first Christmas, 1969
 
"When she thinks of her father now, she sees him at the end of the day.  That's his time of day, twilight, or just before. The late afternoon, when the sun is setting, when it feels sad and beautiful, like the last day. When the sadness is too unbearable to think about, and this makes you strangely cheerful."

from I Was Amelia Earhart by Jane Mendelsohn,  pg. 95

copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry you've had this loss at a young age. It's hard...
Great picture and I'm glad you have it, hope you have many others to cherish.