Wednesday, July 20, 2011

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday: Wishful Thinking ... Kinda.




We're in a scorching heat wave at the moment, just like many folks, so I immediately thought of these photos from Snowmaggedon 2010 for Wordless Wednesday.  We'll pair this with the lyrics from the song that is in my head this morning (one of my very favorite Elton John tunes.)  This has nothing to do with The Husband and I, but ... well, whatever. 

"And I call the kids on the telephone
Say there's something wrong out here
It's July but it's cold as Christmas
In the middle of the year 

The temperature's up to ninety five
But there's a winter look in your mother's eyes
And to melt the tears there's a heat wave here
So how come it's cold as Christmas in the middle of the year... 

... But there's an icy fringe on everything
And I cannot find the lines
Where's the beauty in the beast we made
Why the frost in the summertime?" 

"Cold as Christmas (In the Middle of the Year)" ~ Elton John  

For more Wordless Wednesday photos, click here.
copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

K A B L O O E Y said...

NO. WAY. As long as it's sunny, I love the heat. But still, as a public service, I think I'll put up a winter shot too. And link back to you...

K A B L O O E Y said...

Thanks for the idea. Man, I've got to put some more effort into blogging. Maybe I could blame it on the heat I purport to love?

Ondrej from Nicholas Sparks Books said...

Actually, I wish I was suffering from heat, what kind of summer it is when it's raining all day long?