Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Someone I'll Miss


Rainbow as seen from our backyard on April 3, 2009 (my 40th birthday)

One of the things that I have truly loved about living in Delaware is having Chris Coons as my Senator, because he says things like this:

"Do we really think it is OK for our federal government to say, 'we do not like who you love?"

and this:

"I don't see what business it is of our federal government to reach into Americans' hearts and judge them for who they love, particularly when their states have empowered them to marry .... I don't know about my colleagues, but my wedding ring and my marriage did not magically dissolve or disappear just because New York passed a same-sex marriage bill last month."

I'm really going to miss being represented by this guy. 

For real.



copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

What a nice post; Chris Coons sounds great! And beautiful (and appropro) rainbow - we get a lot of rainbows, but I've never seen one quite as brilliant in color!

Cass said...

Senator Coons is a pretty good guy! Guess you'll just have to make sure someone equally awesome gets elected in your next state :D

Alison said...

Mmm, that's really nice.