Monday, July 25, 2011

Speaker Oompa Loompa

Best comment of the night on Boehner's rebuttal to Obama's speech comes from someone commenting on The Atlantic's Facebook page.

The Speaker was whiny and as colorful as an Oompa Loompa with his orange face and green tie. 

I hope this guy is a writer, because metaphors like these shouldn't be wasted.

(And yes, I know this photo isn't of an Oompa Loompa - it's from when the kids and I went to the Storybook Ball at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia in May 2009. This guy - who was supposed to be the Mad Hatter, I think? - was hilariously entertaining and connected especially well with Boo. It's the closest thing I had to an Oompa Loompa in my stash of photos.)




copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

The Tan Man needeth to go away.