Monday, August 1, 2011

Moving Day


Onward full tilt to Pittsburgh, PA

"Every one of us is called upon, probably many times, to start a new life. 
A frightening diagnosis, a marriage, a move, a loss of a job ...

And onward full tilt we go, pitched and wrecked and absurdly resolute, 
driven in spite of everything to make good on a new shore. 

To be hopeful, to embrace one possibility after another 
- that is surely the basic instinct ...

Crying out: High tide! Time to move out into the glorious debris. 
Time to take this life for what it is."

Barbara Kingsolver, "From High Tide in Tucson"


See you on the other side, kids. 



photo copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

9 comments:

Cavalier92 said...

This covers, almost precisely, how I am feeling these days. Good luck!

Cindy said...

Wishing you all the best Melissa. Hope you have a great move. Hey I will be in PA tomorrow night (Meadville) I will wave as i am passing through :)

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Good luck, I hope things go smoothly! My moving day is approaching in 10 days -- yikes!

Lisa said...

Good luck, may it all go smoothly!

Niksmom said...

I am not only in denial, but I'm mad at myself that I didn't make arrangements to come take you for Starbucks before you had to leave. *sigh* You are my second DE friend to move in the last couple of months. I might have to follow suit! ;-)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am looking forward to your next post... what is happening and how the move went.

Elizabeth said...

Bon voyage! Good luck with the move!

Shieldmaiden96 said...

I still remember pulling out of the parking lot of my old dojo (preoper goodbyes having been said to my Sensei and Sempai after two years of Japanese sword study that could not be continued in this place), car packed to the rafters with house plants and cleaning supplies and other things the movers couldn't take, it was a glorious October day and my heart got lighter and lighter as the scenery changed... by the time I hit South Williamsport I was full of happiness. Another hour and I'm home! I was sad to leave friends and familiar places, but 'home' was were HE was, and after four long months of maintaining two households, I was going there. Its a hard earned but special joy.

Book Dragon said...

I'll be here!