Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BBAW: Arriving Late to the Party ...But, Hey! I've Got Cheeky Reads!


For me, it seems that this year's BBAW (Book Blogger Appreciation Week) is akin to that great event that you really, honestly and truly, had planned to be a part of but that, in reality, you're the one just pulling into the parking lot when everyone else has left the building.

Or maybe this is just me?

I have fallen way behind on my BBAW plans this year and with a even busier and stressful weekend ahead, I'm not sure if I will fully catch up. As regular readers know, I just started a new job which I am very much enjoying ... and which, this week especially, is keeping me very, very busy as I begin what is shaping up to be an intense daily regional travel schedule and learning the new systems and procedures and the who's who and what's what (in a new-to-me city/metropolitan area, no less).  Betty and Boo started school last week, and we're getting into our new groove with that. So far, so good. And, on top of which, we will finally end the chapter of selling our Delaware house this week when we close on that on Friday - and that's been kind of emotional and stressful, to say the least.

It's enough to make one want to escape into a good book ... and fortunately, my BBAW interview partner has just the ticket.
BWS tips button

Allow me to introduce you to my new friend Sabrina, the romance book blogger of the site Cheeky Reads.  We both got late starts with our interviews (a kindred spirit! does that count for the community themed post?) and I'm planning to have mine up ... well ... at some point. It might even be after BBAW, with the rate I'm going this week.  My apologies to all.

In the meantime, I hope you'll take a moment to stop over to say hi to Sabrina and check out some cheeky reads, even if you think (especially if you think) that romance novel reading is not your thing.  As someone who hasn't read any romance novels since high school, Sabrina has managed in short order to dispel my (admittedly) preconceived notions about romance novels and Those Who Read Them. She's made me yearn for my lazy summer days of my youth, spent at the pool reading Harlequin romances, which are still out there.

OK.  I gotta run, but I hope you're all having a great BBAW week and I'll catch up with you as soon as I can.


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Ah work. It keeps getting in the way of my blogging too. If only we'd been born filthy rich. :)