Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: September 5-10


Every week I tell myself that I'm going to start participating in Menu Plan Monday, hosted by Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie.   (One of my favorite blogs, BTW.)  Truth be told, I've been meal-planning for awhile ... but what usually happens is that I am only inspired up until, say, Tuesdays, and then I'm standing in front of the fridge the other days of the week wondering what, exactly, we're having for dinner.

Or I lose the plan (which is written on my grocery list) and forget what I'd planned.  Or, worse of all, I go to the store without a plan and completely overspend.

So, hopefully writing down my meal plan for the week will help me with all the above, especially since the kids go back to school this week and I will (after being unemployed for four months) be returning to work full-time.

Today is cloudy and chilly, and tomorrow looks like it is going to be the same.  Hence, the soups on the menu.

Monday:  Tortilla Soup and Golden Sweet Cornbread. (with chicken for the kids)

Tuesday:  Broccoli Cheese Soup, Panera Style with Fish and Baked Potatoes (broccoli was on sale for .99 per head at our grocery store this week)

Wednesday:  Stir Fry with Broccoli, Mushrooms, and Peas  (with chicken for the kids)

Thursday: Tortillas (filling will be Spanish Rice and Beans in the Crockpot)

Friday: Baked Rigatoni.

Saturday: Depends on what we're doing this afternoon. (There might be an amusement park outing involved - the husband scored four free tickets to Kennywood that need to be used by 9/18! - but Betty and Boo don't exactly know this yet.)

What's on your menu for this week?

copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I love your menu plan - I may have to steal some ideas! And Kennywood, oh wow, that brings back memories! I had no idea it was still open (since I assume anything open when I was younger has to be old and decrepit by now!)

Sarah E. said...

I love Broccoli Cheese Soup!