Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Book

Oh, how fun is this?  Pop Culture Nerd has a new installment of the popular My Life as a Book game!  You know this one. It's the Mad Libs-like game where you complete a sentence using only a title of a book you've read this year.

It's a holiday weekend, so why not play along?

Here are my answers.  Books that I read are in CAPS.  (That should be obvious, but just in case it wasn't ....)

One time at band/summer camp, I was: SAFE FROM THE SEA.  (Peter Geye)

Weekends at my house are: MADE FOR YOU AND ME. (Caitlin Shetterly)

My neighbor is: IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.  (Peter Lovenheim)

My boss is: NOT MY BOY! (Rodney Peete)

My ex is: THE UNNAMED. (Joshua Ferris)

My superhero identity is: CLICK: THE MAGIC OF INSTANT CONNECTIONS.  (Ori Brafman and Rom Brafman)

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry because:  I CURSE THE RIVER OF TIME. (Per Petterson)

I'd win a gold medal in: MARRIAGE CONFIDENTIAL (Pamela Haag).

I'd pay good money for: THE KID. (Dan Savage)

If I were president, I would: LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN  (Colum McCann)

When I don't have good books, I DO MORE THAN GIVE.  (Leslie Crutchfield, John Kania, and Mark Kramer)

Loud talkers at the movies should be: READING JACKIE.  (William Kuhn).

I know you want to play along now, right?  Post your answers on your blog and leave a link/note in the comments.  Or, if you don't have a blog, leave your answers right in the comments.  Have fun!


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun game. Doubt I'll manage to play along but I enjoyed reading your answers. Many of mine could be exactly the same as I've read many of the same books. :-)

JoAnn said...

Such fun! I couldn't resist:
http://lakesidemusing.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-life-as-book-2011-edition.html

stacybuckeye said...

Yes, but which kid? ;)
I'll have to give this one a try this week!