Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-a-Thon Update (Hours 1-6): A Guest Read-a-Thon Post from Betty

For this hour of the Read-a-Thon, I give you a guest post from my 9 year old daughter Betty, who is participating with me.  (This is, by far, one of my favorite things about this event.  She's been doing this with me for the last several Read-a-Thons.)

I've been participating in the Read-a-Thon with  my mom and so far, I have read 1 book for it. I have no idea how many books I plan to read, but I can tell you, it'll be a whole lot! I bet you 5 cents (just kidding! I would never do that!) you can guess what kinds of books I'm reading.  OK, If you can't guess, I'll tell you. Animal books. Fiction and nonfiction. All kinds of animal books. I've read so many animal books, I'm even starting to read the grown-up animal books. even though I'm only 9. So uh, that's all!

Number of Hours Read: 
I'm not really tracking Betty's hours (because that's too much thinking between mine and hers), but she was reading when I woke up and she read alongside me for the past hour.  I'm thinking it's about 2.5 hours thus far.  1 hour for me.

Number of Books Read: 
Betty finished Terrier in the Tinsel, by Ben M. Baglio (part of the Animal Ark series).  None finished for me.

Currently Reading:
Betty's taking a TV break and having an apple for a snack.

I'm reading You Are My Only by Beth Kephart.  Am at 12% on my Kindle.  Loving this one so far, and I can absolutely see myself finishing this today.

Migraine Status:
Not too bad.  Being managed by Excedrin Migraine.  Tea and a nap might be in my future.

copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

Way to go Betty! I am jealous that you are reading You Are My Only. Keep on reading!

Shelley said...

Awesome review, Betty!
Melissa, I hope your migraine goes away!

Kelly said...

Love that you and Betty are doing this together! (yes, I know I'm a bit late with the comment...very behind on blog reading) My J would love to do a read-a-thon and would especially love if I did it with him...