Saturday, October 22, 2011

Read-a-Thon Update - Hours 7-10

You guys!  Oh, I have got to tell you ... I am reading the very best Read-a-Thon book.

According to my Kindle, I am 41% through You Are My Only by Beth Kephart and I am engrossed in every word.  So very good and so suspenseful. I think I have an idea of what happens, but I cannot put this down. It's possible that You Are My Only will be my only book I read during this Read-a-Thon, but that will be more than fine with me if it is.

I want to get back to this, so no dilly-dallying here.  But, here are some Read-a-Thon updates (Betty has dropped out for now, but will be back in a little bit).

Total Number of Hours Read So Far:  3 hours

Currently Reading: You Are My Only, by Beth Kephart.

Initial Thoughts:  1) Loving this one!  and 2) I don't know how Beth does this, time and time again.

Duration of Nap Taken: 1 hour

Beverages Consumed:  Mostly water.  Also made myself a mug of Hot Apple Cider from the Keurig, which was wonderful.  You must try this.  I am now addicted.

Snacks/Meals Consumed:  Best to keep things as simple as possible on Read-a-Thon Day, and that's exactly what I did.  I tossed a version of Clean-Out-the-Pantry Minestrone Soup into the crockpot (I used frozen veggies here as there were no fresh ones left in the fridge) and served that with some Mrs. T.'s Pierogies.

How I'm Feeling:  Like I got a second wind.  My nap and Excedrin Migraine played nicely together and my headache is gone.  Now if my kids could calm the hell down (they are being a bit rambunctious, so I have to keep getting up and hollering at them), my Read-a-Thon productivity would increase.

I'm also not visiting as many blogs as I would like.  My apologies for that.  I'll try and do better - or, at least, catch up tomorrow.


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

Nise' said...

Glad you are going into the second half of the RAT strong. Hang in there.

Mystica said...

You are reading and also loving the book! so thats a good sign.