Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sh*t My Kids Do to Give Me a Heart Attack


(Or, How to Give Your Mother a Heart Attack in Three Easy Steps.)

1. Wear your Ninja costume from Halloween to bed, in lieu of pajamas.

2. At precisely 4:56 a.m. on a Saturday morning, stand grinning patiently by your mother's bedside in your Ninja costume.

3. Watch your mother's reaction when she opens her eyes (after a terribly restless night's sleep) at 4:57 a.m.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  (All of whom I thought I was going to be having breakfast with this morning, given the way my heart was racing.)  I mean, really, I need this shit at 4:57 a.m. on a Saturday?  Really? When we have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to be?  After a crappy night's sleep?  When I'm coming off of a three-day migraine/sinus headache?

At least I can be thankful that My Boy had the good sense not to be holding the Ninja toy sword.  That's something anyway.

In the meantime, make my morning coffee a decaf, please.


copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry, can you hear me laughing? The Pirate wears costumes to bed more than pjs. And he has on a ninja costume right now!

Lisa said...

HA! I think it's even the same ninja costume! T is accessorizing his differently, with a black mask and a red pirate belt, but it started off with that red felt vesty thing.

Cass said...

Your son sounds like he is well on his way to being an Ultimate Ninja.

The1stdaughter said...

Oh my! That sounds like something my son would do in an instant. I can't count the number of times I've been scared awake by him standing staring at me while I sleep. He's only four so it's just him being too silly to wake me up. But still...5am! Ahhhh! Hopefully you're feeling better now after a few days of recovering. :o)